View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 04:16 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default Re: Eat that fish, or release it?

I release most fish I take in streams. I take the occasional steelhead, I think I have kept four so far this year. Smallmouth Bass I never keep, and will preach to other anglers I meet on the stream to Please Please Please release them...I still cringe about a conversation I had with a lady who had just dropped her husband and son off for a float on my local Bass river...She was telling me how much her son liked fishing, and that he was quite successful at it. She then told me about the 22" Smallie he had caught earlier in the summer... You guessed it; it went home and off to the taxidermist... I was speechless!

Now when it comes to bluegills, I'm taking some home to eat! I also eat the occasional Brookie...In my wayward youth when I was a poor college student I was fortunate to live in an area that had an abundance of small feeder streams that flowed through a very large cedar swamp. About the time My freezer was empty, trout season would open. I would go catch a couple of fish for dinner, a couple of times a week. Please forgive my sins; that was a very long time ago!

Now when I want fish I go for walleyes and perch for the most part.

Dan