View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 05:26 PM

Flyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud of
Default Re: Eat that fish, or release it?

I release a lot of fish that I'm simply too lazy to clean. I have no problems with keeping fish, but am careful about hauling out a huge stringer. If I want fish, I try to fish waters like private farm ponds that benefit from taking some out. I limit the take in public waters.

Trout are a fish I mostly release though my opportunity to fish for them is limited (If it weren't for camping trips in Missouri's trout parks, I wouldn't do much at all). There isn't much trout fishing in my region, and I like to think that leaving most of the fish helps out the next guy who also drove four hours to catch a trout. I'll keep a fish or two for lunch back at camp, but that's about it. They stock the parks on a per angler basis and that catch rate still leaves more trout in the water than I took out.