View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Skin Cancer Is On The Rise

This story is important on many levels. Anyone who fishes or hunts have a high level of exposure to the sun. Long term exposure to the sun will eventually result in sun damage and possibly skin cancer. If you have a dark tan you are getting too much sun for the long term.

Not just sun exposure is a reason to get checked by a Doctor. Moles require constant monitoring. Any changes over time is a definite warning that something is happening and should be checked. We have a dear friend who had a small mole on her cheek and it finally got a little bigger but she ignored it. Finally when it stated to bleed they discovered cancer. She has recovered but lost the jawbone on one side along with all of the teeth and one complete ear. For the past ten years she has received nourishment through a tube in her stomach. Not a pretty story but it could have been prevented.

Living here in Florida our summers run 90 to 95 degrees. I wear long sleeves, long pants a hat with a cape and use sun block on any thing that might get some sun. The fellow I fish with a lot wears shorts, T-shirt and sandals with no socks. He has a terribly dark tan and I worry about his future. I always offer him sun block but most times he doesn't use it.

So please anyone who has something on their body that was not there in their youth or something has changed, get checked out.

Frank