View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: LaCrosse Custom Rods

Hi Munkh,

I have never seen or heard of them till your post so keep that in mind.

I went to their web site and they don't list any prices. They all seem to be slow to medium speed rods. I noticed on the Axis series rods that they state their flex rating as IM-8. IM-8 is nomenclature for a certain modulus graphite. I looked at their photo gallery and they are in Canada plug fishing. They may have caught some with a fly rod but there is no indication of it.

Here is my thoughts. They don't make custom rods it is just a name. They are importing the rods from overseas like many other companies. They may or may not be a good rod for the money. They look OK but they show the same Reverse Half Wells grips on all of the pictures. They show the AXIS in weights 6 to 9 but the pictures still have the same Reverse Half Walls grip. That is a bit unusual for this weight of rods. So if they are cheap and you are expecting a cheap product then it might be worth it. If you are expecting a super rod for a cheap price then you may be disappointed.

Frank