View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 03:03 PM

possessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nice
Default It's weenie time

As I was driving up the Forest Road today, green worms were falling out of the trees and landing on my truck. Although I knew a weenie would be the ticket, I started with a standard wolfe and BHHE dropper. After about 20 minutes and nothing but a single rise to the dry, I tied on a #12 foam winged caddis and a #10 BH green weenie. I was quickly in to the fish.

Click the image to open in full size.

A hatchery brook trout. I was fishing a wild stream. The stream I was fishing is a tributary of a stocked stream. The stocked water is 5 miles downstream with numerous barrier falls. Did this guy really swim that far up or is he a product of "bucket biology"? We have had a lot of high water, so I guess it's possible he swam that far and was able to get up and over all the barriers. I have caught bunch of fish in the stream and this is the first ever hatchery fish I have encountered.

I am also thinking this guy looks a bit like a stocker, but he could be wild.

The rainbows love the weenie.

This brown is no monster, but he was the best fish of the day.

A few more pics.

No monsters, but the numbers were good. They were very aggressive, striking with great vengeance and furious anger. No fish were caught on the dry, all on the weenie. I had a few strikes and hookups on the dry, but none landed.