Thread: 80/20
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 10:20 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: 80/20

All of it.

It depends so much on the time of the year for me. In early spring here it would be an waste of time to fish dries all day -- if you had any intention of catching a fish. Of course, there are a lot of days I would rather be casting dry flies - with no chance of catching fish - that doing most other things. So I nymph fish. In the early spring and if I can steal away in the winter, I nymph. And I can enjoy the hell out of it.

Once summer rolls around and I can reliable fish dries, prospecting with attractors, terrestrials or caddis/adams/etc between hatches - then I'll do that. But I'd have a hard time putting a percentage on my break down.

One thing I know for sure, I do not fish streamers nearly enough. Maybe 2%. I've been committed to doing it more, I just don't feel confident. This year I am going to do more.

O and I started fly fishing in my early 20s...been at it for about 15 years now.