Thread: Float Tube Fins
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 01:28 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Float Tube Fins

If you plan on using your wading BOOTS/SHOES, keep in mind that 90% of the fins out there will MESS YOUR BOOT/SHOE up! They wear them out on the heal and ankle.
I have had the back pack style with the cloth uppers (they fold nice and flat) and they are not abrasive to shoes, but are a small blade. Then there is the Browning style which have a toe piece you slide your boot into. The strap on the back doesn't last all that long and they are horrible on the heals of your boots.
I have finally settled for the FORCE FINS. NOT! the one that comes in different sizes, but the more expensive ones with neoprene on the top and heal of the flipper. They are also BOWL shaped to scoop the water very well and you can actually walk forward in them.
I know a lot of people that use scuba fins, but you will need an aqua sock or a flats bootie to keep from wearing out for waders and to walk on land.
I found these flippers and I am saving my pennies for them. You can wear a regular wading boot with these and you can walk forward, but you have the Scuba Length.
Click the image to open in full size.

I still don't know about the strap across the back. I use boot foot hippers on my pontoon and my simms boots in a tube and I have replaced them both for this reason. BUT this is the third year with the FF and NO show of wear anywhere.