Thread: Streamers
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 01:53 PM

TexUte Fly will become famous soon enoughTexUte Fly will become famous soon enough
Default Streamers

so ive made it my goal to catch my next fish on a streamer, well been 4 days out now and no fish. maybe one hit but i dont think it was a hit. i use a 6wt, i should feel the hit pretty hard right?

now im not the best caster out there, but i can get it out 30-40ft 3 out of 5 times. (which is what i need to cast across the part im trying) im using a black wooly bugger size 8 with 5x tippet. ive been told this is a go to streamer for trout.

i try to cast it out into the grass/slow water on the other side do a quick mend and strip in about 6" at a time. but the water is moving pretty fast right now and my streamer is soon swimming upstream. is this bad? also if i dont make it as far as i want or im still in the current i still try to fish it anyway. is this a waste? anyone got a free book, video, or podcast they can show me about streamers? i really wanna get something on one. i know there is some big fish in here and i want to get into some. i love having a fish that will pull out my drag.