View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 03:56 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cork Poppers: Hook Install?

I've never tried drilling a hole and poking the shank through, so I can't compare.
Notching out the bottom works perfectly well for me, especially with foam. Krazy Glue pulls it together in a practically seamless joint as you squeeze.
With cork, I'll use epoxy and fill in the gap at the same time I'm gluing the body on.

What I do is cut a kerf in the body with a tool I made from a broken jigsaw blade glued in a dowel handle. I stand when I do this as you can more easily see if you're cutting it straight.
Then I'll rough up the hook shank with an emery board and wrap the area, widely spaced, with size D rod winding thread. The thick stuff.
Then glue the body on as above.