View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 09:29 PM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of
Default Re: 3 wt. question--

The rod is a Cabelas Three Forks-- pretty soft. I don't know that I'd call it a full flex, but it is probably a little closer to full flex than the literature's claim of moderate action.....

The line is what I assume to be Cabelas entry level line (the prestige perhaps????) WF-- Bought as a combo because I couldn't pass up a good deal (out the door with the complete Three Forks combo and a complete Cahill combo for under $90.00-- the 3 forks gets used and I gave the Cahill to a friend who is learning to fly fish.)

All in all, I'm not overly concerned with the 'issue'-- If I'm putting into that tight of cover, a 3 wt. really isn't the rod for the job-- no keeping a 4 pounder out of the submerged logs with a 3 wt.

It does put nymphs and smaller dries over the weeds nicely-- It has its place in my 'needs', just not a do all rod (obviously).

Once the weeds get too thick (which is happening too quickly here), the 3 wt. goes to the closet to not be seen again until Oct. or Nov.

I have some tight water nearby that it shines in-- sunnies and stocker rainbows....