View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 10:35 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ArmorAll for line cleaner?????

Google "303 Protectant". It's quickly replacing armorall on a lot of garage shelves: better UV protection, and doesn't leave a greasy film. I bought a Royalex canoe a few years ago, and all of the manufacturers recommend using 303 Protectant, and not armorall. When I googled 303, some car forums popped up, and those guys say that armorall attacks vinyl dashes pretty aggressively, but that 303 is dandy. It's a bit more expensive than armorall, and tougher to find (it's all they carry at the local boat shop, however), but I love the stuff.

Having typed all of that, I've been working on the same little tube of 3M line cleaner/dressing for the past 3 years. It should last another couple. I wipe down lines after each outing, and then place a few drops of 3M stuff on a paper towel. Running the line through the paper towel leaves plenty of the dressing on the paper, and then the excess is wiped of the line. The 3M dressing comes with a micro-srcub pad, and the whole thing is around $7.