View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 10:19 AM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: lines and choices

I fish about 3 to 4 days a week and I do fish year round here in the Rocky Mountains.
I used Orvis for many years (but then I worked for them ;-) It is good line, but the past few years I have expanded.
I now own the GOLD and the SELECTIVE TROUT II and the Older RIDGE LINE (the stuff that is on sale right now)
Out of the three, the Ridge line is my go to line. I only use WF, never been a big fan of DT or TT but that is just me.
The Sharkskin is a good distance line, but from the raw finger reports, I wonder what it does to guides and even the blank itself.
In cold weather the ST II is probably the best with Gold right there. The Ridge Line I have (like I said they have made improvements) has a lot of memory in the cold. Easy enough to straighten but there non the less.
Just My $0.02 worth, but I LOVE the RIDGE LINE.