View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 08:32 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reel.. Bass, Northern Maybe even Musky Question

I've been fishing with SLV's for several years. Great reel, and no problems. I had a problem dropping them a few years ago, however. I would take them off the rod, and then reel in the line at top speed. 9 times out of 10 I was standing on the leader, and the reel would be yanked out of my hand and fly onto asphalt. Nothing ever happened, and I forget why I'd have line off the reel when it wasn't on the rod. I was fishing the local stream a couple days ago, and one of the SLV's fell off the roof of my Grand Cherokee, and bounced of the pavement pretty hard. Once again, no problems!

I'm also of the opinion that larger is better, especially if the weight is close. The SLV's will hold the amount of backing stated, so pile it on.