View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 08:01 AM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Excellent TFO Customer Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond fishin View Post
With a warranty like that makes you wonder why people buy anything else. Its funny when I bought my tfo from bass pro the people at the customer service desk tried to sell me an extended 2 year warranty fore $30. I told them I didn't need it because of the warranty that came with it. I argued with them for 10 minutes that it covered more than just "manufacturer defects". I just gave up and said I'll add it later if I want it.
I fished with plenty of them, pretty much every trout model except the cheapest signature series and found them all to be fine. For my casting skills at least, I will never know the difference bewteen a TFO and anything costing 4 times as much. I have since picked up a couple of Sage txl's on super clearance. They are really sweet rods, faster action light weight. If TFO offered a 7'3wt, or 7'4 wt I would have never had to look elsewhere. The Sages are awesome, and there is a "sweetness factor" that I really cant explain about them. I seem to place alot more "perfect" casts with it, or I seem to think so in order to justify spending upwards to $300 on a rod! In any case, I really like them, but I worry about breaking it and coughing up $100-150 to get a piece replaced. People are also looking at other rods for the "American made" factor, and for the Winston, or Thomas & Thomas fit and finish that you don't get with any TFO. So there are a few reasons to look elsewhere. But IMO there isn't a better intermediate rod family out there, and the warranty really seals the deal for people looking to fish cheaply.