View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 12:39 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni
Default Re: River flies and streamers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Looks good!

Interesting dorsal banding on some of them (all of them, actually, but most prominent on the first photo). Is Adriatic line a variety of Brown Trout?

Pocono
Thanks mate
Yup,they are bit different...and yes they are variety of brown trout...probably the oldest line in Europe.Till all Europe was under mountains of Ice ,during Ice Ages, Skadar basin and part of Mediterranean sea was ice free and scientists suspect that our adriatic brown trout is adlist several 100,000 years older of others that could be found all around Europe and Asia Minor
Another matter,we do have some special species of trout the huge and mighty Marble trout ,and delicate and tender being which we call Softmouth trout....
I can open another thread on board if you like to discus about this subject

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi Everyone,

There are so many great ties in this thread that I have made it a sticky. Any fly tier can learn from this pictures.

Frank
Thanks mister
It is honor for me