View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 02:12 AM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's Happening in North Central / Central Pennsylvania?

Hey Ard,

I live across the border in Ohio, but "usually" get over to western PA often and central some every year. The rain has been so bad in this region that I havn't tried any streams with the exception of my one little honey hole creek in Shenango County. It doesn' drain too much area and only takes 2-3 days to clear out. It has been fine when we get a few days clearing, but that hasn't happened much at all this whole spring. Where I'm at just across the border in OH we had rain for 44 out of 56 days; 27 days of rain in April. We passed our April precipitation record by the 21st of April and then had 7 more days of rain.

Which makes me wonder...I've never had too awful much luck fishing blown out streams, but trout have to eat even when the waters up don't they? Or maybe there's a bunch of skinny trout to catch this summer!

Like Peen said, we have had a dry spell. It's been HOT (near records for 4 days straight) and everything is drying out. I live right on the very upper skinny waters of the Cuyahoga. It is still running a little high, but our small streams are close to normal for the first time in I can't remember how long. I'm headed to Ausable next week to find some Drake eating trout; I haven't planned on Central PA yet but I've still got the list you gave me a while back. I'll get there a couple times if the monsoon season is finally over.