View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Question about Trout Leaders / Tippets

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard.

I have re-read you post several times and I think there is a little confusion. I am not sure if you are wanting to tie different leaders to the fly line or different tippets with out a leader or different tippets to a leader.

Just for clarification the butt of the leader fastens to the end of your fly line. There are different ways to accomplish this. The end of a tapered leader that the fly ties to is the tippet. A tippet does not fasten to the fly line. I really want to help you but I need you to restate what you want to accomplish. I think you want to fasten a leader to the fly line by using a perfection loop. Do you use a tapered leader?

If you have not read the post in the FAQ about leaders you might want to do that. Leaders

Frank