View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 02:23 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Heddon 300 series

Unless I'm confused you are talking about reels that were modeled after the Hardy Lightweight Series reels; Princess, LRH, and Featherweight. I have not owned any of these so will have to answer in generalization based on what I know about most of the copies. They will be a little heavier than the Hardy of the same size and the finish will look different than the Hardy. Other than weight (due to the different metal used to cast them) they use the same tensioning system on the pawls and are a good copy of the reels they were made to imitate. For trout fishing I would think one should be as good as a Hardy and for all intent & purpose will look like a classic reel which they are.

Make sure they find you one in good condition if they're going to do it. The reels had a baked enamel finish I believe and once they get dinged and chipped up they can look kind of ratty.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;