View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 02:04 PM

dharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the rough
Default Lewis and Harks Montana Exp of 2012

Hi,

My buddy and I have decided to plan a fly fishing trip to Montana in the Sep-Oct timeframe of 2012. I know you may think that I'm crazy for this post, but I am just beginning my research so please bear with me.
We want to do a non-guided (money/time reasons alone) trip. We intend to fly in, rent a car, and fish. We only have 1 week to capture our memory of a lifetime. We figure that we can find some Bed and Breakfasts along the way and we can eat when we get tired. We are open to suggestions.
I know you must be thinking that we are young and stupid, but I can assure you that we are just the opposite. He's old, I'm getting there, and we are dumb! All kidding aside, we just love to fish together and just want to try Montana. Although we intend to visit and perhaps wet a line in some of the world famous rivers, we would gladly trade them for the peace and solitude of the lesser known streams and tributaries. I know that local knowledge is king (and sacred), but any help or advice that any of you can share would be greatly appreciated.

PS>>>>>>I have had the pleasure of a few guides in my time and I have NEVER had a bad experience. I have also hired many professionals to perform work on my home. The part of my home that I enjoy the most is the deck That I built myself

Take care all