Thread: Gas Prices
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Gas Prices

Prices were hovering around $3 where I live, but now have dropped $.15-.20. Its over $7/gal in the UK guys, these prices are something we had just better get used to.

On top of all the profit numbers, we should also consider the fact that the trans bill that congress recently passed included $7 BILLION in corp welfare for the oil companies. The idea was that they would use it to develop new technologies that are not foreign oil based, but why the hell would they do that when they are making record profits selling foreign oil.

I also seem to remember that one of the selling points for invading Iraq was that their oil would pay the costs of the invasion and occupation and that it would stabilze the world oil market. As it turns out, our gov't has spent $300 Billion of our tax dollars on the effort and now we are all paying TWICE AS MUCH AS WE DID BEFORE THE INVASION for petroleum. But at least we created a secular democracy in Iraq, oh no, that didn't exactly pan out either. I think we got shafted on that deal. (I could go ahead and add in my theory about the reason for invading Iraq being a big favor to Shrub's Saudi friends, but I'll hold off for now.)

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.