View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 11:53 PM

notenuftoys has a spectacular aura aboutnotenuftoys has a spectacular aura about
Default Headed to Durango in August

It's settled - we'll be spending a week in Durango in August. We rented a condo at DMR for the week, and I'd really like to explore some small streams north of Durango and in Silverton area, as well as some of the high lakes.

We'll be spending a day or two on Jeep trails (much to my wife's chagrin we're driving my Jeep up there!), and my thought was combining a few days of Jeep trails, hiking, and fishing.

Right by DMR is Cascade Creek, Lime Creek, and East Hermosa Creek. I've fished Cascade Creek before, 2 years ago when I was just getting addicted to fly fishing. Wonderful small brookies in that stream, but what about the other two?

And are there any lake recommendations, or do they pretty much all have some trout in them? What about Kite Lake (or the others in that area), and Clear Lake? These are reachable on Jeep trails, that's why I mentioned them.

Any other spots that just have to be fished? I know the Animas right in Durango is accessible (just gotta watch the rubber hatch), but what else around that's not a long drive?