View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 07:34 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: casting distance

Similar advice here.

When I started out, it was all about distance for me; nothing was ever long enough. But, I wasn't hooking many fish. Now I cast shorter distances; usually under 60' and I get a lot more fish on the line. But, many people still tell me to cast shorter distances, and they're almost always right.

Getting good casting instruction from a certified instructor, as others have suggested, will help you a lot and, in my opinion, there is no good substitute for spending time on the water; it will teach you what kind of distances will be important to you in your fishing. Then you can adjust and perfect your casting for those distances.

70' after only two weeks is really good!

Pocono