View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 08:17 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about Trout Leaders / Tippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3332 View Post
Frank,

Thank you, that answers my question perfectly. I realize that buying the tapered leaders is the better way to go and that is infact what I do for the most part, but as a beginner I am using this excercise as a way of becoming more proficent with knots. That and I sort of like the idea of being able to build the line from it's most elemental pieces. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

3332, tell you the easiest way, pm me your address and I will send you a FURLED leader, this could solve the first problem.
As to your second problem, just tie a fly on 18 to two feet of tippet or regular mono or better yet, fluoro (much cheaper than fly tippet). 4 lb should be good. Put a perfection loop or if that is too hard try a simple Surgeon's Loop. It won't hang as straight as a perfection, but not sure that will be all that important.