View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: St. Croix legend ultra

Hi Chad,

No one has responded so I will give you what information I know. It was in 2003 that St Croix started making the Elite and Ultra using the IPC (Integrated Poly Curve) contour. In 2005 they started using the ART (Advanced Reinforcing Technology) on the Elite and Ultra. ART uses carbon fiber to reinforce the rod at critical points.

If they made Ultras before these dates then they won't have the latest design features. If you stick to rods made in 2005 and later you will have their newest design. If you have questions about particular rods, I would Email St Croix.

Frank