View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 06:37 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Panfish and Bass Swap, Spring 2011

Very cool stuff, I can't wait.

Tying instructions for both my flies can be seen in these videos.

As simple as it looks in the video, I actually struggled with parts of mine. Mostly getting the eyes to stay put.

"

The difference with mine is that I added a soft hackle collar. I recieved one like it in a swap awhile back and I loved it. It seems like suck a great idea and it really catches fish. Not just bass or panfish, but trout gobble them up also.

I submitted two for a few reasons. First I wasn't completely happy with my DH streamers. Even after tying 12 of them I think I still have work to do. I think I may try using a different glue on the head, something like softex or flexament. Also, they are pretty big and I didn't want the panfish people left out, also, I'm just pretty much enthused with the SHSSL (Local speak for soft hackle simi seal leach)