View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: I May Have Found the Boat of My Dreams

Hi FlyBum,

That is a nice looking skiff. My first thought like Ard was a Jet. The boat doesn't have any rocker and should work good with power. I would be thinking a 25 or 30 hp jet would be my choice. The outboard jet is very inefficient and the added horse power would be appreciated.

I see one problem with the boat for a jet. The rear pad is slightly rounded and it needs to be straight flat for best results. You can correct that with a simple modification. I can't tell how far back the keel runs. It needs to stop at least 4 foot or so from the transom if you use a jet.

Another strange thing I see in the photos is the forward casting deck. I would want the front casting deck but they put a hatch right in the middle of the deck and it is not flush with the top of the deck. You would be stumbling over that lid. You may want the battery up front.

Since the hull has no rocker it would not be a good boat to row in a river.

Frank