View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 08:57 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hello from new old angler

Barbara, I guess you already got some waders. I heard Neoprene makes you sweat, and I would not want them for that. Like someone said on here, you can layer and keep warm feet. I have a pair of breathable waders, with neoprene feet only. Then I bought some wading boots. I think they work for my area. I have thermal underwear, and need to get some decent socks. I am glad someone mentioned a good brand. I do not have any wading socks. I just used regular boot socks, with jeans, and under that thermal pants, and I was fine. I hate trying to find decent women's outdoor clothing, because it is almost non-existent. I had to buy a camo jacket at BPS because that is the best they had for warmth I was told. It had a hood, and I believe it was made by Red Head. I do not know if it will be loose enough for fly fishing. I bought it for conventional fishing for stocked trout this year. That is what made me want to pick up my fly fishing once again. This time I got lessons. I am 48 so I am no spring chicken either...but have been fishing since I was a little girl. I just started fly fishing up again this winter.