Thread: Hello Girls
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 09:10 AM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello Girls

The Bass are not a problem for the 6 wt. it is the coverage in the water. Bass like all the vegetation and that plus the bass are a little hard with a 6. It can be done I am sure, specially with a medium action rod, because the fight should start at the butt. But, then there is the size of flies.
I am sure FlyGal can closer relate to you situation than I can, it is trout all the way here with an occasional Bass thrown in.

My only suggestion is, if you love the sport, save all your pennies and maybe check e-bay for a good deal. I have a 9' Winston BIIx 8 wt. that I swear is no different in casting to a 5 wt as far as feel.
This is where the upper/high price rods shine and maybe even answer the question of "Is that rod really worth the $600.+ price tag"