Thread: Hello Girls
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 04:56 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hello Girls

Thank you ladies for the replies. I just bought the 8wt, so there is no way I am gonna be able to afford a 7wt anytime soon. I can spend more money on a 7wt in a few months....but was told that it would be hard to cast big ol' bass bugs with a 6 or 7wt...not to mention haul one in under vegetation. I am still pretty new at casting, and for heavier flies with lead eyes...(big fly)...I can't cast them at all. I tried but they were just too heavy. I guess I have used my new rod maybe twice now. It is a Redington Crosswater. I read a good review on it, being a cheaper rod it was supposed to be good. I think it is a good rod, just heavier than I thought it would be. Yes, a more expensive rod would be lighter, true. But I can't afford anything more for the time being, so I am going to have to make do with what I have. I made the mistake of making some big ol' clousers with huge lead eyes, and Lithuanian Bats...same thing...with big ol' lead eyes...and I cannot cast them. I guess in time I will be able to, with more practice.