Thread: Hello Girls
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 05:25 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello Girls

One other thing about BIG BUGS, I understand them and I know they work.
I have a different approach however, and I just watched Kelly Galloup's DVD on fishing big streamers and found out he feels the same way. Granted his DVD is for rivers, but it works for Stillwaters also.
I DON'T WEIGHT MY FLIES! Easy enough. I use SINKING LINE. I have found this much more effective. Shorten or lengthen a leader (and by leader I mean straight MONO or Flouro as Presentation means nothing) Using the right sinking line will put you in the ZONE easier than any other way.
SINKING LINES: There is density Compensated that sinks uniformly and no belly, AND Wet Cell, which does form a belly and intended for Weedy bottoms.
Now for a lot less money than a new rod. Think about a Type II and maybe a TYPE V to get down real fast and past the dinks in a WET CELL.
It will cost you two more spools, but I really think ffing requires some sort of SINKING LINE.
I am not talking sink tip either.....FULL SINK.
This is wat I use even on rivers and people thought I was nuts. Watch Kelly's Video and he explains this, so I am not crazy LOL