View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 11:12 PM

chicagojohn will become famous soon enoughchicagojohn will become famous soon enough
Default New Yellowstone Angler 8 Weight Shootout Discussion

It appears that the Yellowstone Angler shootout series is nearing the release of a new 2011, 8 weight shootout. An ad has been posted on the site for quite some time in anticipation of the release. Personally, I'm looking forward to it, despite the usual reservations, knowing full well that the caldron of controversy is about to boil over. There will be winners and losers, and someone always gets offended!

I'm taking predictions before the results are posted. Would Yellowstone Angler ruin the mojo / juju they created by giving the Hardy Zenith 20/20 across the board on the 5 weight shootout by not following suit with the Hardy ProAxis saltwater rods? Do I hear a B3X anyone????

Will the Sage Xi3 or Loomis NRX win, or will the St. Croix Legend Elite continue to show that you don't have to spend 700-800 dollars to get a quality saltwater rod with the latest nano-resin technology?

Will Yellowstone Angler continue to unnecessarily insult the Scott fly rod company, and will they continue to keep it "apples to apples" by only using one kind of line on rods that may require standard or half line sizes heavier? Will they actually test cast the rods on WATER this time, or will they upgrade from the hard wood gym floor to the local bocce ball court, since the weather is so nice this time of year?

Ahh who cares, right? We'll be here to discuss it anyway.

Just for the record, I'm predicting a Hardy ProAxis, SageXi3, Loomis NRX, and St. Croix Legend Elite top 4 with the usual and unnecessary insults directed at the Scott Fly Rod Company. They're just bitter they had to pay for the test rods like the rest of us!

Does anyone have any predictions or reasons why one rod brand will or should rise above the rest? Let’s discuss our own Fly Fishing Forum 8 weight shootout before we are told what we should buy!

Last edited by chicagojohn; 06-15-2011 at 11:45 PM.