View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 06:41 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Yellowstone Angler 8 Weight Shootout Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
In the past, the test used Bonefish taper lines to get consistent results. This might be fine and dandy if one wants results for using the rod for Bonefish, but it will be worthless for the guy targeting Steelhead, Silver Salmon, Striped Bass, Baby Tarpon, Redfish, or other species. An 8 weight rod becomes more of a specialized tool than a generalized piece of equipment.

For example, I found that certain rods perform better with certain lines. The ProAxis performed best with most floating tapers. The TCX and S4S really shined with shooting heads. I really like the BVK with a short head bass line.

For more conclusive results, go test the rods for yourselves.

Dennis
Exactly- some of my points in the previous G. Anderson thread from months ago.
Most rods prefer certain lines. you just have to fine the line that wakes up the rod.