View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 07:35 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Yellowstone Angler 8 Weight Shootout Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagojohn View Post
Any quick feedback on the Xi3 9wt? What plans do you have for the 9 weight? How drastic are the improvements over the Xi2?
It's a very different rod.

The Xi2 feels extremely stiff, and a little life-less, compared to the Xi3. I had an Xi2 before the Xi3; traded the 2 for the 3. I cast them side-by-side and the feel; at least for me, was much, much better with the 3; better distance and, most importantly, better accuracy. Clearly not as stiff and stick-like; just a much easier rod to cast.

I fish it for Bones and Stripers; WFF line, mostly, for the Bones and 350 gm sink tip for the Stripers. The Xi3 is better for me with both of those set-ups.

But, my favorite Striper rod is Scott's A3; 9'0" 9 wt. I know; nowhere near comparable in terms of build, action and price; and hence, they shouldn't be comparable in terms of performance..............but, they are; at least for me.

Pocono