View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: clousers anyone?

The proportions of your clousers look pretty perfect, but try leaving the flash in the middle longer than the bucktail. It adds an effect that imitates a tail movement pretty well.

I've probably caught more fish on chartruese and white than anything else. I generally use the ghost grey KF in the middle. Occasionally I'll use the glow-in-the-dark flash instead. Even in fairly bright conditions, it puts off a glow once deep that I think helps.

Another favorite of mine is grey and white with black KF on top (hook point side) and light blue flash in the middle. Does a pretty good job of looking like a baby striper or other grey minnow.

Yet another favorite is ginger and white with copper KF on top and the pearl tan in the middle. Tends to look like a baby redfish or golden shiner.

All black clousers are reputed to work VERY well in dirty water. I need to try them more often.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.