View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 08:45 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly Fishing in NH in early/mid July

With the recent rain, conditions should be pretty good .
Mountain streams are fairly sterile as to insect life and as such the Whites are not known as a fishing destination, but you still should find some good action for brookies along the Kanc.
Up in the Pemi wilderness on the East Branch would be my first choice if you're into a hike. But you'll also find fish downstream and rainbows in the main stem.
On the eastern side of the Kanc, I've personally never done all that well in the Swift, but there's a second Swift River in the Tamworth area that's good.
People also like the Saco near Glen/Jackson
If you're into a drive, try the Androscoggin below Umbagog Lake for trout or below Gorham for smallmouth
There's some good mountain pond fishing also. If you're interested, PM me and I'll point you in the right direction.