View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 10:35 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Re: clousers anyone?

just read this! thought I would share it. I was fishing wrong! I was steady stripping or soemtimes strip pausing but never like he describes! I will have to try this out for sure!

"Bob Clouser developed a particular stripping method for fishing with this fly called the Susquehanna Strip. This technique, as described in his book, accelerates and pauses the fly during the retrieve so that when stripped back, it darts like a fleeing baitfish. With this technique, strikes increase tenfold over a steady stripping retrieve. Cast, and when the fly hits the water, drop the rod tip down to 6 inches from the water and make a long strip of 3 to 4 feet. As you start the strip, bring your arm back along your side. When your hand reaches your leg, quickly turn your thumb rearward to accelerate the strip. Ending the strip with a speed-up-and-stop portrays the erratic escaping movements of a scared baitfish. The quick acceleration frees the fly from the leader. The fly stops and turns down because of the weight of the metallic eyes. The strike comes on that drop"

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.