View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rod building forum.

Hi Jose,
The rods I build usually have the guides on the opposite side of the spline/spine, just the way I was shown, and have stayed with doing it this way.
You will hear reasons as to this and that, but I think it boils down to personal preference.
I've never been able to tell much difference in a rod done one way or the other, but then I never really cast any other rods than my own.

I could be totally off base on this one, so you may want to get a few more opinions first.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."