View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 10:04 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NEW Nautilus FWX 3/4 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddombos2 View Post
As an owner of an FW 7+, I second all comments in this review related to drag and drag knob adjustment.

It's not a salmon stopper on it's own. You'll need your palm. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
Update...

After using the reel for a good month now; I can honestly say that I wouldn't hesitate to buy another of these reels either. It just feels right, line goes in and out smoothly, no annoyingly loud clicking sounds. It also does fine with sand/dirt (it got the sand test in AuSable last week; one quick dunk in the water and it was back to perfect (and it is a 100% sealed drag so there nowhere for sand or debris to get stuck). The drag knob adjustment has not proven to be much of a bother at all on this 3/4 wt model. It takes 10 seconds to set and I never touch it for the rest of the day.