View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 08:27 AM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of
Default Re: What type of leader do you use?

Mike, I do not dissagree with you re. 'stiffness'. I like braided butts a lot and understand the matching of mass from line tip to leader butt. I feel the braid acts as a continuation of the taper of the fly line. I have stuck with braides because of their hollow core, facilitating a clean splice...how do you affix your furled leader to the fly line?

My stiff mono butt comment (directed at line weights #6 and heavier) for hand knotted leaders is in compensation for the requisit discrepency of diammeter. Further, my idea of stiff is RIO Max which is really med. stiff. I will soak my all mono leader in warm water, tie a small weight to its tippet and hang it to delete the memory coils (oops, I am giving up one of my secret techniques!).