View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 08:27 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: What type of leader do you use?

Mike, I do not dissagree with you re. 'stiffness'. I like braided butts a lot and understand the matching of mass from line tip to leader butt. I feel the braid acts as a continuation of the taper of the fly line. I have stuck with braides because of their hollow core, facilitating a clean splice...how do you affix your furled leader to the fly line?

My stiff mono butt comment (directed at line weights #6 and heavier) for hand knotted leaders is in compensation for the requisit discrepency of diammeter. Further, my idea of stiff is RIO Max which is really med. stiff. I will soak my all mono leader in warm water, tie a small weight to its tippet and hang it to delete the memory coils (oops, I am giving up one of my secret techniques!).