View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Newbie curious about your thoughts on a beginner outfit

Hi Simonsays,

I agree with Jose, kinda. I have a problem that the Cabela's outfit includes a lot of add on items. Those add ons are useful but I would feel better if most of my money was in the rod. This is probably Cables lowest priced rod and I recommend staying away from rods that are so inexpensive. I have not cast either rod but I think the TFO rod would be my choice. Both rods are from overseas but the TFO rods are from Korea. Rods and especially reels from Korea seem to be better quality than the same items from China.

If you live close to a Cabela's that may be a better choice as you can see the equipment. If you have to mail order then I would order from The Full Creel. The Full Creel has a 21 day trial period. Cabela's also has a good warranty.

I noticed that one of our moderators recommends the Three Forks rod. I think that is the rod provided in the Genesis Outfit.

Frank