Thread: Success Today!
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 09:31 PM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about
Default Success Today!

Saw this fish rising at the end of this pool the other day so today I decided to give him a try. The pool is fairly shallow and crystal clear so I was standing on the rocks to the left of the picture. Tried an Adams dry#16 with a 5X tippet but wouldn't go for it. Tried some things I have never tried before. Tied on a peice of 6x tippet with a Griffith Gnat#20 and on the third try he took it! I was pretty excited about trying some new things and they worked! Always trying to learn more! Like Brad Pitt said in A RIver Runs Through It, "It's gonna take me three more years to think like a fish!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)