View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 11:09 AM

Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Re: Residents speak out on proposed Pebble mine.

I'm not from that area and I'm far from an expert, but in my own subjective experience nearly every thing man has done on a large scale or enough to at least significant alter the natural environment has had a negative impact on fish, wild life and the ecosystem in general.

This has really been driven home as I have been looking for the best places to fish for trout and steelhead in North America. To my memory the most epic I've found are all places that man has done nothing to signficantly alter the environment. Then again every place that was once great that man altered has had a significant negative impact on fish and wildlife.

I cannot even imagine how Pebble Mine could even be entertained for even a minute as a possibility by Alaskan or U.S. elected and non-elected officials and bureaucrats.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.