View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:49 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Eat that fish, or release it?

Cmdrstp, I couldn't agree more, even though it doesn't seem to be the "politically correct" answer these days. At the end of the day, the original purpose of fishing - of whatever kind - was to put food on the table, same as hunting. We're fortunate because, unlike hunting, we have the alternative option of catch & release.

Having said all that, I usually release, either because I'm not in a position to eat the trout or because I'm fishing in a catch & release zone. I think the authorities are in the best position to determine when and under what circumstances caught fish may be retained, and I don't think it's my business to second-guess another flyfisher's decision to keep his/her catch if it's legal to do so.