View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Leader to Fly Line with Super Glue??

I can't say for sure that he developed the method on his own, but the "ambassador" of that method of attaching a leader is Dave Whitlock. He is a big fan of using the "Zap-a-Gap" brand of superglue, and that method is often referred to as "the zap-a-gap connection" or something like that. I believe Davy Wotton is also a big fan of that method of attaching a leader.

I don't know exactly who carries that tool, but it can also be done with a sewing needle, I believe. It would work best with a slander one with a point that is more rounded than needle like so that it will stay within the core until you want it to puncture the coating. I have never tried the method myself, but I might just have to before this weekends perch jerking outing. I was thinking about doing a whipped loop, but this one is bound to be easier. I might add some neon thread over the connection to function as an indicator too.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.