Thread: Bimini knot
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 07:09 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bimini knot

I use straight 60 # fluoro from the fly line to the fly, so I don't use any knots. If I were still using a 12, 16 or 20 lb. class tippet, I would definitely use a bimini.

There is no way to pick what size fish will bite when I am tarpon fishing.

PS: I will add that if I were fishing for baby tarpon to 40 lbs or so, I would use tapered leaders without a bite tippet. The smaller flies will not track properly with a bite tippet, and it isn't needed. The "bite tippet" is for abrasion resistance, not teeth, when tarpon fishing. Smaller fish are not on the line long enough to worry about abrasion, and most that are caught are either hooked in the corner of the mouth or in "the button" anyhow (two areas of meat in the upper jaw just to the left and right of dead center).

Cheers,
Jim

Last edited by wjc; 07-02-2011 at 08:39 AM. Reason: edit in Blue - red is too glaring