View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 01:41 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Setting the Hook???

Quick question; Are you setting the hook the instant you think the fish has it? If you are you may be hitting to fast and taking the fly away from the fish. Don't get overly fast. I most of the time sweep the rod and strip at the same time. But not till the fish actually has the fly. There is actually such a thing as to fast. I still get a little bit of the 'Buck Fever' and yank it away from a fish once in a while. Timing. I don't fish surface stuff a lot so I don't generally see the fish hit so it's not much of a problem. Every now and then I do. The bigger the fish the more likely the buck fever overreaction. When you can't see the fish hit, most of the time they'll set it on themselves.