View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 01:49 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Setting the Hook???

I'll catch the devil for this but..............................

With dry flies in swift water I lift the rod and tighten the line, in deep slow pools must fish hook themselves when they turn and head back from the surface. In the second case a slower lift is all you need. Many beginning fly fishers miss fish because they have a sort of 'Bass Master's' reaction when they have a take on the fly. This usually results in tearing the fly away from the fish or breaking them off.

I fish wets & streamers more than dries and almost all fish hook themselves when they grab the fly.

The real secret is, there is no secret. You keep fishing and with enough experience you will find what works to hook them. Everyone has missed fish on the dry fly and we will miss some in the future, that's just the way it is.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;