View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 08:49 PM

moe b has a spectacular aura aboutmoe b has a spectacular aura about
Question Beaverhead...a few pics and a weekly report..

Click the image to open in full size.

I was there last week and the fishing was spectacular (given it was my first time on her..)...I was just happy not to get blanked.

An older fishing buddy of mine Fred invited to "...show me the ways of the beave.."; and I accepted.... I'd thought I had this all down after highschool, but apparently much was still to be learned "...my young padawan...?"

We debated for hours (five minutes max) whether in fact - this shot I took, from this exact angle, showed "what appears to be a HUGE beaver swimming across the horizon"; was '..why they now called it the Beaverhead'...?!

..We're still not sure, but we fished her anyway..(and intend to again this week)..

...This was clearlly gonna be 'a nymphing game' so we took what we had, but were wise enough to stop and ask 'the Dillon Guru' too (Tim Tollett) and he sold us a half dozen flies a piece - called "...Yellow PT-Cruisers..." and we absolutely raked fish off of them all day..?!

....Your 'standard caddis emerger', fished by Master Fred, didn't do too bad either...

...Because of flooding in the resevior itself..; We were notified that the this summer of course (once engineers' appranetly okay'd the dam...); that waters would the nearly-double coming out of the spillway (something to keep an eye on and call).

(CORRECTION) Flows are fine right now, doofus Fred was reading wrong chart last night...disregard all previously posted info. Just got word "Beaverhead is same flow as last week, unchanged but 50 cfs". Bridges are of no concern till she spikes during Summer and only then is one an issue and most McKenize Boats can still be used when she's running high.

Moe

.....Moe Bird Hunts

Last edited by moe b; 07-05-2011 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Correction on flows and conditions..