View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 12:30 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Unconventional, unstylish casting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickj View Post
Lots of threads here and everywhere about distance and style. Doesn't anyone fish in the brush anymore? A large percentage of my casting is done from my knees, from behind rocks and logs, under overhanging trees, sometimes casting more leader than line. I caught a nice brown last week; it was in a run about two feet wide, between a rock and the shore, under trees. I had to cast over a low branch and hang the line on that branch to get the fish. I wear kneepads to fish...not a lot of distance and style. Anyone else?
I used to love that stuff. Age and health prevent it now, dangit!
One of the best things I used, besides my trusty Scott 'G' - 6'10", 3 weight, was the use of thread-based furled leaders. Very sweet when there wasn't room to have little to any fly line out past the rod tip.