Hi Devils Onion,
Here is a link to a FAQ post about how to use the fly reel
. It has information about fighting a fish from the reel. It should be helpful.
1. Advice will help but you won't get it right with out some experience.
2. The first thing I would do is go up to a 4x tippet. You need all the help you can get until you gain the appropriate experience. If you find the fish are leader shy try using a Fluro tippet in 4X.
3. Your fish fighting technique may be presenting slack to the fish. Only you or a good guide can determine this.
4. Try larger hooks. If you are using 5X tippets and very small flies your loss ratio will go up.
5. You don't say what rod you are using. If it is a fast or very fast action rod then try a slower action rod.
6. If you are using an Airflow line with little or no stretch then try a different fly line from Sage or Rio.
7. If you want to solve your problem over night hire a good teaching guide. This will help more than anything you could do.
You need to understand that we all lose fish and that will happen the rest of your fishing life. Good technique and experience will reduce your loss but you should resign yourself that fish get off.